A micro masterplan for the conversion of derelict schools into eco-friendly school campuses in the Mayombe area, the green lung of Congo.
That is done under the heading "Mayombe Eco-Friendly School Network". Candidate schools need to share a minimum of common eligible criteria :
- Primary education with impact on local village communities
- Geographically not urbanised
- Precarious infrastructure
- Endorsement of the S.E.E.F. objectives
- Within the boundaries of the Diocese of Boma (greater Mayombe region)
In return for financial support offered by S.E.E.F. and its partners, school directions commit to adopt our Social Ecology charter and implement our program in the daily running of the school.
Each construction project is implemented in phases, according to adequate funding available:
- Reconstruction of the class building(s)
- Infrastructure and educational equipment (with library or other project)
- Baby farm
- Construction of sanitary block
- Reconstruction of the principal's office and the school meeting room.